Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Minestrone Soup

This is a delicious variation of  my All-You-Can-Eat Soup Diet Basic Recipe. I make the basic recipe and the put it into containers, some go in the fridge and the rest go in the freezer for when I need them. Oh, I don't tell Bubba and the Crew, that they are actually eating healthy when I make something with the basic recipe. If they knew I would have a riot on my hands!!!

My Boys welcome a steaming bowl of this vegetable-bean soup on a cold winter night. It even tastes better reheated, so its a good choice to make in advance.

Ingredients:

  • 2 CUPS ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT SOUP DIET BASIC RECIPE
  • 1/2 CUP DRAINED AND RINSED CANNELLINI BEANS
  • 1/2 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FUSILLI, COOKED AS PACKAGE DIRECTS
  • 2 TABLESPOONS { PLUS 1 TABLESPOON FOR SERVING } FRESHLY GRATED ROMANO CHEESE
  • 1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED FRESH BASIL

Direcitions: 

  1. TO BASIC SOUP, ADD BEANS; HEAT TO BOILING. STIR IN FUSILLI, HEAT THROUGH.
  2. STIR IN 2 TABLESPOONS ROMANO AND BASIL. SPRINKLE WITH ADDITIONAL ROMANO TO SERVE.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment