Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pulled-Chicken Sandwiches

Sammy's are a great, easy dinner for Bubba and the Crew, especially when they are running out to a gig or in the mood for a late night snack {almost always}. Yeah, I could throw together a cold cut tray, and they could throw me off the bus! I always have a few trick up my sleeve when it comes to pulling together satisfying, hearty sammy's for my hungry "Manly Men". In this recipe, I transform rotisserie chicken into a tangy, barbeque-sauced sammy filling. Add some deli coleslaw, and some carrot and celery sticks, and presto-change o they are happy and I can sleep without worrying.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 LARGE ROTISSERIE CHICKENS
  • 2 CUPS BARBECUE SAUCE
  • 1 CUP WATER
  • 1/2 CUP CIDER VINEGAR
  • 12 KAISER ROLLS, SPLIT
  • 16 OUNCES DELI COLESLAW
  • CARROT AND CELERY STICKS

DIRECTIONS:

  1. REMOVE SKIN AND BONES FROM CHICKEN; COARSLEY SHRED MEAT.
  2. IN A 4-QUART SAUCEPAN, COMBINE CHICKEN, BARBECUE SAUCE, WATER AND VINEGAR. COOK OVER MEDIUM HEAT 5 MINUTES OR UNTIL HOT, STIRRING FREQUENTLY. 
  3. SPOON CHICKEN MIXTURE ONTO BOTTOM HALF OF EACH ROLL, THEN TOP EACH WITH COLESLAW AND OTHER HALF OF ROLL.
  4. SERVE WITH CARROT AND CELERY STICKS.

ACTIVE TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
MAKES: 12 MAIN-DISH SAMMY'S


    

No comments:

Post a Comment