Monday, July 7, 2014

Rose's Apricot Fudgies

When I'm in Texas I volunteer at a home for the aged, one of my most favorite lady's there is a woman named Rose...every time I would visit I always brought Rose a special batch of her favorite cookies. I just got a call that my special lady passed away tonight a 7:00 P.M. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed out about it...not that it wasn't expected but I'm really going to miss seeing her. To most Rose was a pain, to me she had a special place in my heart and always will. It seems only fitting that I make this post in honor of my special Rose, because these were her favorite cookies. So to Rose, my precious lady that stole a piece of my heart...may she rest in peace, and may her cookies live forever. 

Directions:

  • 8 squares {8 ounces} semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 3/4 cup raw sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 6 ounces white chocolate, Swiss confectionery bar, or white baking bar, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup dried apricot halves {8 ounces}, coarsely chopped

 

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently.
  3. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla until blended.
  4. Whisk in eggs, one a a time until mixture is smooth.
  5. With a wooden spoon stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt until combined.
  6. Add white chocolate pieces and apricots; stir just until evenly mixed {dough will be loose and sticky--similar to brownie batter}.
  7. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, 1 1/2-inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheets.
  8. Bake until tops of cookies are set, 13 to 15 minutes.
  9. Cool cookies on sheets on wire rack for 30 seconds.
  10. With a wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
  11. Repeat with the remaining dough.
  12. Store cookies in cookie jar up to 3 days.

ACTIVE TIME: 30 MINUTES
BAKE TIME: 13 OT 15 MINUTES PER BATCH
MAKES: 36 COOKIES


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment