Chili is a big part of any "Manly Mans" diet, especially Bubba and the Crew's. But, what they don't know is, sometimes their chili is actually healthy too. Being on the road as much as we are, it's real easy to gain weight. Sitting around on the bus, noshing on junk food, lack of good sleep, is a winning combination for gaining weight and causing health problems. After all, we aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. I have to keep Bubba and the Crew healthy so that they can perform every night.
That's where the All-You-Can-Eat Soup Diet Recipes come in. I can take the Basic Soup and make it in to all kinds of different, hearty soups; like this Southwest Chili.
- 2 CUPS ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT SOUP DIET BASIC RECIPE
- 4 OUNCES GROUND TURKEY BREAST
- 1/2 TEASPOON CHILI POWDER
- 1/8 TEASPOON GROUND CUMIN
- 1/2 CUP DRAINED AND RINSED CANNED BLACK BEANS
- 1/4 CUP SALSA
- 2 TABLESPOONS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- In a nonstick saucepan, cook turkey, chili powder, and cumin 3 minutes until turkey is browned and cooked through, stirring to break up turkey.
- Stir in Basic Soup, beans, and salsa; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Sprinkle with cheese to serve.