Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fettuccine Carbonara

Okay here's the thing, being Native American, I've really never liked pasta. In fact I'm allergic to all things red, which pretty much cuts out tomato products even if I did like cooked tomatoes. If you would ask me what my favorite pasta is, I would answer mac and cheese. I do happen to like a good alfredo and carbonara from time to time though. Here's the catch, Bubba and the crew love pasta, so even though I cook pasta doesn't mean that I eat it. 
So to please Bubba and the crew, I cook them their red stuff and to please me I cook my white stuff. That way everyone's happy and well fed all at the same time. It would be nice if I could figure out a way to get Bubba and the crew to cook sometimes though!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
  • 1 {16 ounce} package fettuccine
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
  • Additional grated Romano or Parmesan, for garnish

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.
  2. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels, reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in the skillet.
  3. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the fettuccine to package directions.
  4. Add the onion to the skillet and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
  5. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the cream.
  6. In a small bowl whisk some of the warm cream into the eggs, return the eggs to the skillet, whisking constantly. 
  7. Cook 8 to 10 minutes whisking constantly.
  8. Stir the cheese, salt, pepper, and bacon to the sauce. Add the fettuccine and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and extra cheese. 
  9. Serve immediately and ENJOY YA'LL!


START TO FINISH: 30 MINUTES
SERVES: 6





NOTE:
I've scaled this recipe down because I didn't think that you all wanted carbonara for 25 people. Meaning, when I say Bubba and the crew, I mean a crew. Bubba is a country singer and we travel with a big crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment