We were grillin' one night and I remembered how Bobby Flay is always grillin' salad, so I asked Bubba and the crew to grill up some romaine while I whipped up a dressing with everything in the fridge. This has become a favorite of Bubba and the crew, when we grill steaks, chops, fish or whatever. Try this with my Tupelo Honey-Pecan Pork Chops
We do a lot of grilling in the summer so that the bus or house doesn't heat up, considering that it is always super hot no matter where we are a the time. Between Texas and Arizona and all parts we really don't get any relief from the heat, so grillin' and chillin' is what we do best.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash of sea salt
- dash of white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Brush romaine halves with olive oil. Grill romaine, uncovered, over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until leaves begin to wilt and color, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, yogurt, chives, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and white pepper until blended, drizzle over cut side of the romaine. Top with cheese and bacon.
START TO FINISH: 25 MINUTES