Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Greek Fish Stew

Eating healthy doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice flavor. When I cook healthy meals for Bubba and the Crew, I have to make sure that they are full of flavor {that way they don't know that the meal is healthy}. In the winter I always have a pot of soup of stew on the stove, it's something I learned for my Cherokee grandmother. If the Boys are hungry they can serve themselves up some, grab a sammy and Poof a quick meal. 

This tasty, Greek dish reminds me of a hearty fish soup and it's a real taste of the sea.

Ingredients:

  • 2 CUPS ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT SOUP DIET BASIC RECIPE
  • 1 SMALL RED POTATO, CUT INTO 1/2-INCH DICE { 3 OUNCES }
  • 4 OUNCES COD FILLET, CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
  • 1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED FRESH DILL
  • 2 TABLESPOONS CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE

Directions:

  1. PLACE POTATO IN A SAUCEPAN WITH WATER TO COVER; HEAT TO BOILING. REDUCE HEAT; COVER AND SIMMER 5 MINUTES OR UNTIL TENDER. POUR OFF WATER.
  2. ADD BASIC SOUP AND FISH FILLET; HEAT TO BOILING. REDUCE HEAT; COVER AND SIMMER 3 MINUTES OR UNTIL FISH TURNS OPAQUE. GENTLY STIR IN DILL. SPRINKLE WITH FETA CHEESE TO SERVE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment