Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July Ya'll

Today, I won't be posting much because I will be celebrating with family and friends....I suspect that you will be too! I hope that you all have a very safe and Happy Fourth of July. Watch lots of fireworks, eat lots of good food and have fun.

Remember. that we are celebrating the Birth of our Nation today, our forefathers worked hard so that we could have all the freedom that America provides us. I thought it would be fitting to look up some famous quotes about the Fourth, here are some of my favorites:

Erma Bombeck:
You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.

Dwight D. Eisenhower:
Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.

Lee Greenwood:
And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

John F. Kennedy:
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

To this day, US celebrates the 4th of July with thirteen gunshot salutes, a formal official Continental Congress dinner, toasts, barbecues, baseball games, carnivals, concerts, fairs, family get together, grand fireworks accompanied by patriotic songs, like The Star-Spangled Banner (the national anthem), America the Beautiful, God Bless America, My Country, 'Tis of Thee, Stars and Stripes Forever, This Land Is Your Land among others, music, parades, prayers, picnics, ship decorations with blue, red and white bunting, speeches, and troop reviews. It is a day of pride, felicitations, and thankfulness
.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY YA'LL!


No comments:

Post a Comment